Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vacation, Tarantulas & Roberts Birthday Oh MY!

So we went to stay at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort for the weekend. Me and Robert stayed by ourselves on Friday and Twylla watched the kids. We met up with our good friend Tim for a movie and later met up with Jeremy and ate at Olive Garden. On Saturday morning we picked up the kids and headed back to the resort and took the kids down to the pool. They have a really fun (small) water slide that the kids loved and I gave in to peer pressure and went along a couple of times. LOL. We then went to eat at the resorts Mexican food restaurant and we had "tootsie" for a waitress. She was a spunky 64 year old lady with red hair and thick glasses! The kids asked if they could take a picture with her which was fine with me because I had to show the rest of the world that these kind of people really do exist! So here she is! Look at Maddie's face! Priceless!



We then went back to our suite and the kids had a pajama party. The girls matched and Kyle had a killer pair that had dragons on it. They watched Shrek the Third and had a wonderful time.



Ok on Sunday. We met the Dewey's for breakfast and the kids had their choice of balloon animals to pick from. I have to say that this lady was phenomenal.



So on to Sunday evening we had the Gibbens and the Dewey's over to play our most favoritist
game Pop 5. The guys totally schooled us. Meanies! Anyways, as the Gibbens were leaving, Twylla jumped back in the house and said there's a huge spider on your wall by the porch light. I figured that it was a larger wolf spider and when I stuck out my head..it was a huge Tarantula!!!!! I freaked out and being the photographer's that me and Amy are .... she suggested that I get my camera! So I'm taking pictures and Robert says that it's "lost" and needs to be put back in the desert. Brian suggested that we keep the darn thing....uh ya right!!! So anyways. he and Eric were going to catch him and transport it back. Well Robert puts it in an empty file box and the thing JUMPED out of it. I let out a scream and they were eventually able to get it contained and they freed "Charles" back into the wild.




Robert turned 29 on Tuesday! YAY! We went to Red Robin for dinner and bought him a new Diamondbacks hat at the mall. He decided to take a leave of absence from ASU for the semester. He was already taking one of his classes at Chandler Gilbert and the other at ASU but he found out that the same class was offered at CGCC for only 190.00 instead of almost 800.00 at ASU. So they granted his leave and now he's back to school for the fall.
Well I hope all of you are doing well. Have a great week!

No comments: