Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Candles, Crafty stuff, a WHOLE lotta Signs. {not of the religious type either} and Strep Throat.



*On to Friday's candle party. April Wolanin sells Gold Canyon Candles and because I LOVE them and she's doing me a ginormous favor for watching Maddie, I decided to have a party for her. Denise, Twylla, Erica McP and Cynthia all came to a wonderful night of smelling all the yummy scents. I apologize to all my fellow friends of whom I forgot to invite. I literally remembered to invite most of everyone a couple days before. Its been a crazy week that's for sure! Anyways, earned some awesome free candles and this was one of them. Its the hot cocoa candle and I'm so afraid to burn it because its just too darn cute! Not to mention that it smells like real hot cocoa. For anyone who would like one of these give April Wolanin a call!

*Robert and I just started doing a small side job to earn some extra moolah. Friday was his first day and because it was last minute and I was having the candle party, he went by himself. It does kinda stink, but its decent money and overall easy work. We put up the signs for the home builders in Maricopa.







* Super Saturday was AWESOME! My card class was really fun and I was able to make my Christ board which turned out way cute! I also finished some other projects that have been lying around the house for awhile.





*I made the "Love" wall hangings out of the Making Memories large alphabet chipboard letters. I covered them with Crate paper scrapbook paper {which was my FAVORITE paper ever} I added flowers, a button, rub-ons and some large brads. I hung them with thick burgundy colored ribbon and tied a bow at the top. {I have to fix my "V" I cut the ribbon too long}











*Next I used the super saturday idea of the ceramic tile with the saying on them. I already had this one from a boutique that I was at and bought the whole quote for 2 bucks!! Originally I didn't like the look because they were soooo huge, well I put the lettering on and I actually liked how it turned out.



*My last project was a board for above my door. My friend Lisa has this saying over her front door and I feel in love with it. I like the Return with Honor, but I really wanted something different so I ordered the vinyl a while ago and finally finished. Thank you Erica for once again putting it on for me perfectly straight!! LOL



*Lastly now on to Mister Kyle. Poor guy was running a 100.5 fever on Monday night. {Of course I couldn't find a single thermometer in the entire house and had to bum Erica's old one} He also had a soar throat and mine had started hurting earlier that day. {Dun dun dunnn} Anyways, I took him to the Dr and his strep test came back positive but mine was negative thank heavens. She said that I just have some sort of a virus and its not surprising because I'm around little kids all the time . The Dr prescribes chewable antibiotics for Kyle and I go and fill his prescription at Walmart. When I get to the car and open the bottle, I was overcome by these HUGE pills that smelled like FISH! No way in heck was he going to take 2 of these twice a day. So I get on the phone and ask if they can change it. They said that they'd leave a message with the Dr. I wait and wait so I decide to call back and they tell me that the Dr has left for the day. I said, "well can't you reach her on her pager or something?" She says, "No ma'am she's at home." I start boiling at this point and I said, "Ok well call her on her home phone or cell then." She finally says, "Let me get you an office manager." I wait and wait again and she come back and says that the Dr on call will call it in for me. I said, "thank you so much." Then my phone beeps and its some Dr from India {as a side note if I was telling you this story in person, this next part would be in a heavy (and awful) Indian accent} LOL "Mrs. Atkinson, I will get in touch with Dr Bhalla and she will call you in a new prescription." I say, "ok thanks." Feeling victorious for conquering the curse of the large and stanky pills , I decide to leave in a little bit to go pick it up. All of a sudden the phone rings just as I was about to leave. It's the office manager of the Dr's office. She says , "I'm so sorry for what happened earlier , and I'm calling it in right now." I then asked her if she talked to the Dr because I was already told that it was being done earlier. She tells me that SHE was going to call it in now. So FINALLY it does get called in and Robert picks his meds up a little before 8 pm. Argh! He seems to be feeling better and I'm starting to feel like I can function again. He will be returning to school tomorrow and I'll be able to go back to work. YAY!!!

6 comments:

Twylla Gibbens said...

I am in love with those letters you just made.

Pam said...

My kids have been sick too....and it sucks! I love your crafts, I wish I had gone to my super Sat.

Tiana said...

Yes, we are sick also. I think I have strep but I am not sure... guess we will find out soon.

heather said...

So, I'm sorry I missed the candle party. I got the invite, bit I didn't look at the date...assuming it would've been yesterday...oops. :(

Manda said...

I forgive the noninvite(since I would have just got sick anyway!). But I so love how your Christ board turned out. You can only read mine when the front door is open!BEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP!j/k I absolutely love the letters- it helped me with any idea!!(um yes I still get them once in a while!) And I so want hot chocolate and marshmellows now, thanks alot!!!!=P

Laura and Jimmy said...

Wow, you are so crafty! I love the LOVE letters.