
{I posted this originally at a forum and I copied and pasted for my blog}
So my story begins on Saturday. Me and the kiddos left to go to our church Halloween carnival. Well I get home and finally get everyone settled when I hear some firecrackers going off outside. I step out in our backyard and soon notice that our 2 month old puppy is MISSING!!! I panic and notice that the bricks that block the fence were moved over and a hole was dug. I get on the phone to call my neighbor and ask if her daughter can sit on my couch while I go and look for her and she said "sure and that she was going with me." Sorry this ones gonna have a lot of conversation back and forth!

We search on foot the nearby golf course and the breeze way to the desert behind our houses. No luck.. all the while I have this sick feeling that someone has found her and that we will not get her back. I then said, "I want to go in the car and make a quick loop around the neighborhood." So we get into her car and start around the block. On the way back, I notice some kids standing in front of the house on the corner on the street directly behind ours. Mind you it is 8:45 at night and these boys are probably around 7-8 yrs old. I ask, "have you seen a white puppy?" Immediately one of the boys say, "Is it white and black and has a blue collar?" I said, "Yes!!" He then points to the other boy and says, "we found her in the desert and he has her at his house." So I asked the boy where he lives and he wasn't answering me and the other boys says, "right down there." So I run down the street and knock and this other little boy answers probably around 10 yrs and I said, "I heard that you have our puppy can you please go and get her for me?" The boy stares at me and says to hold on. I then hear the mother say in the yell, "WHY DID YOU TELL HER?" I was appalled! I couldn't believe that this ho bag was going to steal my dog that was missing for maybe 3 hours!!!
I then hear her say something about all the money they spent on stuff for her and then she comes to the door without the dog. The first thing she says to me is , "Can you reimburse me for the kennel that I bought." I said, "no ma'am I'm sorry but I can't." I wanted to rip her face off but something told me to keep it calm. She asked AGAIN and I say the same thing. Then I see our puppy coming up behind her and i get down and call her and she wouldn't come to me right away, so I reach in and grab her front paws and took her out of the house!! Then the lady asked me if she was a dalmatian and I said,"no she's a mutt that I got from someone at Walmart for free." I swear I think she thought she bagged a dalmatian!!!
Anyways, this really made me mad.
I couldn't believe that these people didn't even attempt to try and find the owners on a dog the obviously belonged to somebody!!! Then was wanting her son to lie about it and then asked me to pay her back for the kennel!!! Honesty has obviously flown out the window these days. Im soooo tempted to go back and tell her what I really felt.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh. The nerve that woman had. I TOTALLY would have told her off after I got the puppy back. I have seen those kids before on the street I think I know what your talking about. Wow. I am really suprised this woman didn't even care to let you know she intended to keep it and to ask you for money. I guess that's what she gets for stealing someone elses dog.
That is so sad. I'm glad you got the dog back. Some people.
You know Sarah, I would like to pretend to be surprised, but after TEACHING for two years...I've met way too many parents just like this one.
It really, truly sickens and saddens me.
And we wonder why the little hoodlums running around our street are the way they are.
Also...you can get an identification chip inserted into your dog (we got one that was included in the puppy package -although we still haven't used it)
they invented them because of how common dog theft is...so you see your dog at your neighbors house...and you can prove it is yours with that chip (they scan it somehow) According to our vet, that is the only way the police department will take your word over the neighbors, and you can be sure you'll get you dog back.
What a great world, huh?
I am so proud of you for keeping your cool! I would have just punched her and took my dog!!!
Post a Comment