Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wowsers!

I realized that i had passed my 100 post blogiversary so technically this is my 109th post but you all get the idea. So in celebration of this momentous event I will be posting the 100 things that I've learned over the years.

I'VE LEARNED:
  1. That there's no greater feeling than feeling a baby move inside you.
  2. That my addiction to Coke is NOT helping my waistline.
  3. That I'm so grateful for the Temple and all that having an eternal FAMILY means.
  4. That you can't and will not ever get used to the fact that your children are growing up.
  5. That late night child barfing and its stuck in there hair and you find it the next morning is probably the grossest thing in the entire world
  6. That even though you tell your husband that you just want to "snuggle" that it translates to exactly the opposite meaning. LOL
  7. That potty training sucks.
  8. That having GOOD girl friends is a key to survival.
  9. That acoustic music soothes my soul.
  10. That having a pre-teen is going to be the death of me.
  11. That pretty shoes are an addiction & that's why Heavenly Father gave me monster size feet & nothing is cute in a size 12 unless you like elastic or gold colored tennis shoes. Apparently a lot of old people have giant feet. Who knew?
  12. Singing, singing all day long.
  13. Photography is so much more than just taking someone's picture.
  14. That the Gospel is true & means everything to me & is such a gift.
  15. That my favorite smell is freshly bathed baby.
  16. That I'm obsessed with cleaning supplies and someone needs to help me....
  17. That feet are gross.
  18. LAUGHING, especially at something sooooo stupid, helps to get you through the bad.
  19. That being in love is the best feeling in the world.
  20. That I can't dance but I'm NOT giving up.
  21. That I'm sensitive & at times a cry baby.
  22. That I love being a mom.
  23. That poop can be at times explosive out of a newborn.
  24. That I actually like scrapbooking & its not just for homely mom's. (Yes I used to think that)
  25. That I'm grateful that Deneigh got me in to scrapbooking. :) My newest & most favorite layout. Thanks Sheena for your brads.                                              
  26. That Deneigh needs to stop blog stalking me...J/k
  27. That this guy is hotalicious & wanna just stare at him for a while. Ha
  28. That I'm still staring.
  29. That I'm grateful that I've married a man that likes to watch musicals & chick flicks & even is man enough to cry with me.
  30. That I've never been so angry when your child won't do what you ask of them.
  31. That I will no longer have a peaceful & quiet ride in the car as long as it involves children present.
  32. That I am not a bad person if I've feed my children Top Ramen a few times for dinner. Okay a lot of times.
  33. That I'm not a good liar.
  34. That Spaghetti O's are quite sticky and aerodynamic.
  35. That dogs and baby dolls do NOT mix well.                                                                                                                                                      
  36. That I will never get used to the fact of a thing called morning...I sooo hate getting up early.
  37. That I could be addicted once again as an adult to a book series..hmm wonder what that could be....
  38. That pretzel sticks can be very versatile ( please ignore Maddie bushy hair)
  39. My husband can Hula.
  40. That I text on my phone way too much, but couldn't live without it.
  41. That some people don't have friends for a reason...lol.
  42. That I use "lol" way too much in my blogging.
  43. That the little wheel on the mouse makes the page scroll down...ya I really didn't know that.
  44. That I don't like going to haunted houses during Halloween. A real haunted house could be fun though. Ha
  45. Peanut butter gets gum out of hair. Although I can't use it on 2 of my kids.
  46. That nothings sweeter than hearing your 4 year old "Child of God" when she's playing in her room.
  47. I have a strange talent of rewriting lyrics to songs and making them funny...kinda sorta like Weird Al minus the "weird".
  48. I cannot live without Costco's disinfecting wipes.
  49. If I could marry IKEA I would and Rob would understand.
  50. That NOBODY'S marriage is perfect.
  51. That is so hard to finally turn a key one last time.
  52. That I can't believe I'm only half way there.
  53. That I love looking at pretty scrapbook things..buttons and ribbons especially.
  54. That I'm scared & dread that day that for my children start dating.
  55. That nothing is more horrifying than seeing your toddler playing in their own poo and smearing it everywhere.
  56. That men are weenies when it comes to baby spit up. (Ok maybe just Robbie)
  57. I love the silly and completely random things that make no sense coming from a child. We as adults could never get away with something like that. For ex:"I like purple elephants because they dance and eat cake. "
  58. That Maddie wants to name her first born boy "Darth Vader"...NICE! He might look something like this (Aweee what a cute 'lil fella.)
  59. That it sometimes stinks having grown up responsibilities. Wouldn't it be so nice if we only had to worry about what we were going to wear the next day? Ha
  60. That true friends will accept you for who you are even when you're being stinky.
  61. That that Magic Erasers really DO come from a magical land of awesomeness.
  62. That the love of a child is unconditional and non judgmental. Only if we could all be that way.
  63. Things that you never thought could be possible are possible.
  64. Church callings can be scary but sooo worth it & are exactly what Heavenly father wants for me.
  65. That I will ALWAYS be tired.                             
  66. That these people mean the world to me. (Minus myself)
  67. That I need to go get the kids from school... Be back in a minute. :P
  68. Rainier Cherry's are heavenly & if you havent't tried them try them..yummy!
  69. That girls night with mud masks = rash.
  70. How to make purdy hair bows.                                                                                                                                                                       
  71. How to make homemade Jam & Rolls & giving some away is awesome.
  72. That turning 30 isn't THAT bad.
  73. That I'm missing some really good friends & I love you guys.


  74. That I'm in love with my camera.
  75. That I really don't like to make dinner.
  76. That I actually like Spinach.
  77. That taking ALL the kids to the store, Dr. Appointment, Special Events, Church... (who am I kidding?)... EVERYWHERE... deems as cruel & in-humane punishment.
  78. That I'm actually afraid of the dark.
  79. I will never get used to the beauty & the excitement of a good monsoon storm & dancing in the rain.
  80. That I still haven't figured EVERYTHING out yet. Hahaha go figure.
  81. That the mere site of roaches scare me to death.
  82. I'm still thinking of Gerald Butler.
  83. I just scrolled up to look at him. LOL
  84. Can you tell I'm running out of things to say?
  85. Someday I will go to New York and see Wicked.                                                                                                                                  
  86. To appreciate the small things & to literally take time to smell the roses.
  87. To feel blessed for friend's especially those who fly you out to Colorado or arrange to flippin scrapbook at Becky Higgin's house!                             
  88. To pray to be more loving and not patient (or the Lord will send ya more things to work on your patience)
  89. That children will never go to bed when you ask them & make your life awful in the morning.
  90. That my cricut is one of my favorite & must have tool for scrapbooking.
  91. That Windex is not a cure all but Benedryl is....especially when someone snuggles the cats or eats something they shouldn't as well as on long airplane rides.
  92. I should've bought stock in Benedryl
  93. That I still love going DJing with my husband & I love watching him try to be black.
  94. That Relief Society is more than crying ladies & fancy floral center pieces.
  95. That cordless phones are the bomb diggity.
  96. Toilet paper is as important as the air I breathe. LOL
  97. That I can't make everyone happy.
  98. That I don't like "pushy face".
  99. That every time me & Rob wrestle, I get hurt.
  100. I learned that true happiness is something that you work hard for. Trials come & go & you either take it & learn from them or wallow in unhappiness. Now technically this is something that I'm still trying to learn, but I know that my Heavenly Father loves me & is always there.
Whewwwwwwwwww!!





5 comments:

heather said...

Awwhh -you put me in your post. I love you! I miss you! (oh baby, oh baby) hahah! Okay -so what DO you DO about peanut butter in the hair for the allergic to nuts kids? just scissors? and best of luck with the pre-teen, but from an outsider -I think your girls are ah-mazing, sweet, wonderful responsible girls that are going to eventually turn into ah-mazing, sweet, wonderful, responsible women (just like their mother) and that no doubt there are going to be those days full of grief and heartache and more than a few tears -you just keep being the first class mother that you are and it will all turn out perfect.

Twylla Gibbens said...

That was awsome! I can't believe you did 100. #27 hummy!#41 hehehehe, and #66 you can't excude yourself, you are suppose to include yourself :)

Laura and Jimmy said...

WOW!! You are one smart lady to have learned all that! :)

Loree said...

Wow Sarah! I loved this post! I loved reading all 100 things you've learned! And i have learned how much i miss your family! it has been over a year since we've seen each other. or at least i think it has been that long! Anyhow, it has been way too long and i think it is so aweome you got to scrap with Becki Higgins! SWEET!!! Girl, we really need to get together! I really do miss you :)

Manda said...

Wow my LOOOONNNGG post!! I can't remember ALL the things that I was going to say, since um it took so long to get to the bottom=) SO I love you and think you are stupendious(?SP)fabulous and beautiful!