Monday, October 15, 2007

Atkinson Family Sugar Cookies

In celebration of Christmas being just around the corner and the fact that I just made my Christmas sugar cookies for the surprise scrap night, I thought that I'd share the recipe with all of you. Since I learned from convention to photograph your food..I whipped out my camera when I was making these so here ya go!!! Enjoy and Happy fall!!!










Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 large egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter

1. Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
2. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets lighty.
3. Divide dough in half. Roll each 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes.
4. Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are light brown. I under back slightly because I love them to be soft and yummy. Cool on wire rack.
5. I frost them with a basic homemade Buttercream frosting! Enjoy and it makes 5 dozen 2 inch cookies.



3 comments:

Laura and Jimmy said...

YUM!! That's all I have to say.

Twylla Gibbens said...

these are so good!!!

heather said...

Thank you! I'll have to come back and find this as soon as December hits. I love baking! And those pictures are amazing! Do you sell to magazines?