Saturday, October 20, 2007

Peanut Butter without the Jelly, Adam's Homecoming, a new Baby and a new "Do"

This past week has been an eventful one. I'll start with the peanut butter story first. So Sunday afternoon I was going to take a nap and Robert was going to watch the kiddos. Well the dude fell asleep next to me and we were awakened by the overwhelming smell of peanut butter?! So Robert heads down stairs and see's the nightmare. Miss Maddie has decided to paint the inside of the pantry with peanut butter and man did she paint. She didn't stop there. She also painted the floor with P.B. and not to mention herself! As most of you know, we have 2 children who have serious allergies to nuts/P.B. but we have never had any issues of cross contamination before so we allow it in the house for Kimberly. So of course we panicked telling Kyle and Lydia to stay upstairs and I gave Lydia some Benedryl because her eyes started to itch. So we got that all cleaned up and here's some of the pictures of the pantry. PS... I cant believe I'm showing you my nasty pantry. HA



Now on to Adam. Adam my step bro came home on Tuesday from his mission in Colorado. It was so fun to get together as a family and celebrate his 2 year service to the Lord. Yay Adam!!!!



Now on to the new baby! Becky and Aaron just announced that they will be expecting another child in April. Auntie Sarah's going to have another niece or nephew! Whoo hoo!
Now on to OUR baby news. We have a new addition to our house hold. It weighs about 10 -15 pounds, is very colorful and glossy. It takes up alot of room but at least its quiet! Meet "big 'ol roll of crap to cut for the kids school". Yes I just did say that. Check this out. A huge roll of laminated borders to cut out. Now mind you I'm more then willing to help and I did sign up to do stuff at home, but I was dying at how large this project is going to be! HA So to explain the pictures below, we wondered how long this roll actually was. So being the cutting edge scientist that we are, we unrolled it. So from the back of our kitchen all the way through our living room. Out the front door up the front walk, through the front yard to the sidewalk and halfway to Twylla's house 2 doors down!! Yes I know we are 100 % nerds for doing this but hey..it was somewhat amusing. So here is my plea...if any of you all would love to come and cut and cut of and cut some bulletin borders with me..give me a hollar. I swear its almost like cross stitching..VERY therapeutic! LOL!










On to my new do..here is the awesome haircut that Leslie the "bomb diggity" did for me Friday night. Thanks lovely lady!!! Also I got those 2 hairy caterpillar's of an eyebrow waxed! All these wonderful salon services..cut, color, style and wax only cost me $19.50 my friends!!!! If your interested in the discount card that Leslie gave me let me know because she has more. You get 50% off ALL salon services at her beauty school for an entire year!!!

Well that was a whole lot of happenings with the Atkinson's this week. Are you all still alive after reading all of this? Hee hee. Hope all of you have an amazing weekend! :)

9 comments:

Twylla Gibbens said...

I just love your new hairdo!!

heather said...

I am sure that the teachers are LOVING you for all your help. I wish I had been driving by to see you unrolling that through your front door and down the street! HA! very funny. I like the new hair color too!

Laura and Jimmy said...

I noticed your hair today and it is really cute! ... and I will need to talk to Leslie about that card. How far away is that salon??

HOLY COW!! That is a lot of boarder to cut out and you are a saint to help.

HOLY COW! That is a lot of peanut butter to clean up... I feel for you. I once found Carson painting himself and half his room in VASELINE!!!

Tiana said...

Wow! Sarah I will come help you cut. that is A LOT! I would love a hair cut coupon. How cool! I need to go totally blonde. Also, I felt kinda stupid today, I PROMISE I really did want to sit by you but I was told to save a seat. LOL. yes.. where is her salon? She did good.

Tiana said...

Oh yes.. my kids have gotten into so much stuff. Think about this... I might have already told you I don't know but Hunter brought the RUNNING hose on into the house to flood the kitchen and part of the carpet, and Hayden dumped an ENTIRE bottle of maple syrup on the carpet. It's still sticky! Ieeeeeeeeeeeeee. Imagine cleaning that up> Well we had to dump a LOT of water on the carpet.

Tiana said...

Hey sarah, thanks for talking to me today.. it was so nice to see you.. maybe i can help you cut on Tuesday or Thrusday? Is that alright?

Tiana said...

I am sending you an email so check it ok?tiana

heather said...

Thanks for the invite to last night's little shin dig. You guys are great, I'll have to join you more often. And thanks for walking me home...it was very nice of you...and Matt totally wants to go stay in that hotel now. The thought alone makes my skin crawl. :/

If you need more help cutting, I'm sure I'll be having time this week. :) Let me know.

Manda said...

K I so have to comment on the borders!! You should have seen all that I cut! I had no idea that your hands can stay in the cutting position for that long AFTER you take the scissors off!!!!